So you’ve spent hours toiling over writing the perfect SEO content.
Agonised over what to say, and how exactly you should say it.
And you’ve nailed it, if you say so yourself.
But what now?
The readers will flock, your brand will grow, sales will soar.
If only it was that easy.
Today, everyone is doing content marketing.
Simply writing great content isn’t enough anymore.
If you want your voice to be heard amongst all the others shouting for attention, then you need to get smart with your SEO content promotion. Here’s how…
Nailing your content promotion?
When you’ve created content you want it to reach as many people as possible, right?
Of course you do.
If your content is good and has some basic SEO principles behind it, it will reach a certain number of people organically.
But why just leave it sitting on your website waiting for someone to find it?
Especially when you have so many other content marketing tools at your disposal.
You need to promote it.
This can be done using both paid and organic channels – things like social media, email marketing and pay-per-click advertising.
How do I do it?
Ah, the million-dollar question.
Let’s start with the basics.
Promoting content starts with writing something worth promoting in the first place.
Writing for writing’s sake helps no one. You need to:
- Understand your target audience – who are you writing for? What do they want? It’s worth doing your research and developing a ‘buyer persona’ – a picture of your ideal customer. This will help you to tailor your content to their needs. And always remember you’re writing for them, not you!
- Use visuals – using visuals can add more context to your copy or show people information in an easier to understand way. Using visuals like photos, graphics, illustrations and videos can help break up your text and keep readers engaged.
- Use keywords – being found in search will always come down to some keyword research. Just don’t get carried away stuffing keywords into your copy. Google won’t rank you any higher. In fact they’ll probably rank you lower. And if anyone does find your content, they won’t know what you’re on about.
- Encourage sharing – prompt people to share what they are reading. And remember it’s not all one way – build relationships with other businesses and bloggers and share their work, you never know who might share yours in return.
Back in the day content agencies used to tell you to fire your content all over the internet and get behind the latest fad because that’s where all the cool kids are.
But in reality the best place to share your content comes down to one thing – where is your audience most likely to be?
There are many options out there, including:
- Social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Targeted emails
- Paid advertising
A question that has baffled marketers and left social media managers rocking back and forth under their desks for years.
When should you post to social media? Is there a “best time” to post that increases the chances of my stuff being seen?
The answer to this depends on who you talk to.
According to a Facebook study the best time to post is between 1.00pm and 3.00pm.
They also claim engagement can be up to 18% higher on Thursdays and Fridays.
In comparison, emails are most likely to be read at 10.00am, as people settle into their morning according to this study.
Although the same study also claims emails are most likely to be opened within the first hour after being sent.
The truth is, the quality of your content has a much bigger impact on the chances of it being engaged with than the time you send it.
One way to find out the potential best time to promote content is to test promoting content at different times on different days and see if you notice any patterns.
How do I know if it’s worked?
There’s not much point to any of this if you don’t know how successful you’ve been. Again, a content plan will help, letting you track progress.
No one engaging?
Maybe you need to look at the time you’re posting, where you’re posting or what you’re posting about – have you misjudged your buyer persona?
Having everything logged in one place with a proper plan will allow you to spot potential problems and fix them.
Keep experimenting and don’t give up!
Let the experts help
If something’s worth doing, it’s worth doing properly and our team, here at Paramount Digital, are experts in the creation and promotion of quality, engaging SEO blogs and web content. If you’d like to find out more about what we do, and how we can help you, contact us today. We’d love to help.
Ooh and don’t forget – if this blog has been useful, be sure to share it!